You have no idea how good my kitchen smells right now. http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/chicken-mushroom-pasta-bake-spaghett Yum. With wine. Super yum. And I made bread this week. I might be using baking and cooking to deal with the all to common onslaught of vulnerability brought on by living as an expat. Craig is happy with all the delicious, neurotic baking I've been doing. It's just been one of those days where expat life isn't as glamorous as I dreamed it would be. The daily grind is different when you don't have the same social network/job/grocery store/neighbors etc. Thank God for FB and Skype. This feeling of vulnerability and aloneness is actually a "good problem to have" as my Dad would say. We live in Ireland. That's pretty neat at the end of the day. But my grass-is-always-greener-on-the-other-side eyes are already looking ahead to see if there are better opportunities somewhere else...or at least better weather. I think that part of my restlessness derives from the fact that I am home with a near two year old all day every day. But at the same time I am so grateful for the opportunity to be at home with him and watch him grow and progess everyday. Maybe I will plan a short bus trip for this weekend to get some travel time in. Newgrange anyone?
PS I apolygize fur ne spellllling mist akes as the spell cheque juts whent dwn
PPS I miss BC and traveling in the summer. And family. Our family is the best. Nobody had more fun than we do.
 |
| Grandma's Rock |
 |
| View from SW end of the best place in the world. Those who know, know...those who don't: keep out. |
No comments:
Post a Comment