Went to Church...no really I did!
Having a hard earned glass of vino right now. Such a long day- but a good one! We went to Catholic church today (http://www.procathedral.ie/) for a baptism service for our friend's little girl Izzy. She was a doll and model baby the whole time. William wasn't. He was so bad it was actually funny. I almost called for an exorcism. I was tempted to douse him in the cistern of Holy water that most churches have for their flocks home use. (The mind reels with the possibilities!). Craig and I each missed about 1/2 the ceremony while we were running after him. It was a miracle (see what I did there?) that he didn't burn the place down since all the candle offerings are very much toddler accessible and apparently the altar candles were also a tempting target. I can see why sunday school was invented. He wasn't helping anyone get closer to God today. After the service was over a tiny little old lady came up to me, grabbed my hand, and wished me good luck with my wild boy...and also on my current pregnancy since she noticed I have a bun in the oven. Note to all fans and family: Am not pregnant- hence the wine. I let her get away with it because a) she seemed genuinely sweet, b) she had those nice warm old lady hands, and c) she was about 88...she can say what she wants. Still I find I must now consume the blood of Christ in order to recover.
PS I'm not religious...can you tell? But I respect other's right to worship (or not) in their own way and was delighted to be there for our friends and little lady Izzy. Sorry for all the bad religious puns...only for you to roll your eyes at, not get offended by.
xoxo- gossip girl...oh wait, not me.
No comments:
Post a Comment