Thursday, 24 May 2012

Our First Visitors! Failte!!

William and I picked up Jess and Steve at the airport today. It's so lovely to see them and to hear a Canadian accent again. It was not lovely trying to hold onto a bouncy, restless toddler in the arrivals lounge. Will was running everywhere and getting into everything. I was seconds from caving and getting him an ice cream or something when Jess and Steve made their grand entrance. I've honestly never been happier to see them. Old friends are the best friends and we picked up our conversations just where we left them 5 months ago.

After the exhausting flight they made a valiant effort to beat the time change but finally succumbed to the snooze after going to the park, the pub and getting Will a long awaited ice cream cone. Craig hasn't seen them yet as he is off having a grand time in Blessington doing some corporate team building exercises (like shooting clay birds, rock climbing and kayaking...and of course off to the pub afterwards). Will is either asleep or faking it and I'm enjoying a cold beer on the patio and soaking up the rest of this day. The weather has improved 100% over the last few days. We've had 7 weeks of rain. No, I'm not kidding. Today's weather is so much better that I feel I've gone on holiday to meet Jess and Steve at some semi tropical destination. I could get used to this. My house stayed clean for my guest for about 5 minutes after they arrived. That's when Will decided to get himself a drink from the fridge and ended up up ending (!) a litre of milk on himself. The dog was happy anyways.

William and I will be off the the airport again soon as we have some puppy sitting duties to fulfil in France soon. Hmmm. France....




No comments:

Post a Comment