Sunday, 6 May 2012

Same old, same old

 We haven't been up to much lately thus not much has been put on the blog. We are planning some summer get aways and preparing our sad little rental house to receive some VIP guests at the end of the month. Thankfully the one thing has changed considerably. I have friends. I've met a few ladies through the playgroup we all attend and Krysna and I got a baby free night out the other day where we gorged ourselves on popcorn while making fun of the hunger games movie. Another lady I met at toddler group, Sinead, has totally adopted me and included me in 3 outings with her friends and their "Free Range Kids" play group this week. I will be forever grateful to her. I was even invited over for a tea party thing at her house (beautiful house btw and the garden looks great too) and Craig was able to meet lots of the other mommies and daddies when he walked down to pick us up. Even Maple got to say hi. Anyways I'm not going to write a play by play of the last few weeks so here are some photos.


baby manarin orange, faux maple syrup (the real stuff costs too much here...a real dent in our Canadian pride) and butter on cottage cheese pancackes.

Honeycomb from the market at Farmleigh. Yum. I haven't had any since NZ when I picked some up with Jessica.


William snarfing down some fresh OJ.

Spring time strawberries. Super ripe.


Will carried around this pine cone all day. He even tried to feed it to the Irish wolf hound we met.

Fresh Irish strawberries on crepes with cream. Nom

This lady gives pottery classes from her workshop. Yes please. Sign me up.


These reminded me of the moon snail collars that we used to find in the sand on Savary island at low tide.

I quite liked these little tree houses Ms Egan made. They are made out of ceramics. Not toddler friendly art. I didn't buy one.

teeny, tiny, hand thrown vases at the Farmleigh art show (maybe 3 inches tall)

Cheese monger, apple cider merchant

honey, bread and all sorts of goodies

excellent nosh

Bought some great Nettle and Onion gouda like cheese from this cheese monger at Farmleigh's market

No comments:

Post a Comment