Saturday, 20 October 2012

Lazy Saturday

Lazy family days are the best. I even got to sleep in today (Thanks hun!). We all hung out around the kitchen today having breakfast and catching up on our facebook, guzzling hot coffee and in William's case watching new episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine...thank you dvr. Will is at a really fun toddler stage right now where he wants to help with everything. Somehow I've found the patience to let him. I am not a patient person at all but I am utterly charmed by his attempts at cooking, cleaning and photography. I've got about 30 shots of his knees and feet that are perfectly composed. He decided that he needed to make his own peanut butter toast this morning. After a few swipes with his plastic Ikea knife the PB started to bypass the bread and go directly into his mouth. Pappy would be so proud.

We walked over to Tesco after a while of being lazy at home to select the all important pumpkins for Halloween. I miss Mitchell's Farm and Oktoberfest at Oldfield and the annual Halloween party my Vancouver Island mommy friends and I all go to at Galey Farms. Getting a pumpkin from a crate at the grocery store just isn't the same. Usually it takes me forever to decide on one from the field and I end up making Craig lug home this 25lb monstrosity right out of a Disney film. Today the choice was easy: Did we want a large 5euro pumpkin or a small 1.50euro pumpkin? Hmmm. Lemme think about that. Considering that we had a 30 minute walk back home we elected to adopt 2 small squash instead of one large one.

I totally thought Will would conk out after our little excursion to the grocery store but he ended up awake way past his nap time so we took another walk to wear him out. Brought the doggie with us too this time and boy, did she ever get muddy.

Here are some fun shots of the day:

Making the PB toast...serious business

picked the perfect pumpkins

pumpkin head

Pretty trees on our way home

scallywags

discovering a magpie feather

California Dreaming

on the fly



running to "get" daddy

mud-tacular

still jumps pretty high for an old dog

ball crazy...both of 'em

squishing in the mud

doggie smiles


lichen

mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment