Monday, 15 October 2012

Non-Newtonian Blue Goo

More fun indoor time with our cornstarch and water mix (Add a little cornstarch in a pan and slowly add some water. It will be stiff to mix). Today's colour was blue so we added some blue food colouring. I've found that putting a towel or newspaper down in the area he will be playing in saves tons of time in cleanup. Cornstarch is so fine that it can be hard to wipe up. It might look like it's all gone until the floor dries with while (or blue!) streaks on it. But this substance is so much fun the trouble is worth it. Our dog even got into the action today when she sat on the towel and casually draped her tail into the pan. Will laughed at me chasing the dog around the kitchen while she dribbled blue goo off her tail. Once I caught and cleaned her I turned around to see Mr. Man standing (in socks) in the pan of goo. Grr. Gotta laugh at the fun he's having though.

Bright flash mom!


showing off our stripey socks

bulldozers are excellent for this experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment