Saturday, 3 March 2012

Eating Crow

Eating Crow. Not a very trendy or appetising title for a want-to-be food blog. I've got my reasons for using this passe colloquialism though; the first and foremost being that I swore when we moved I'd never write a food blog. Or any kind of blog. Or write at all really. This kind and generous declaration was made in part to spare the world my facebook level grammar and spelling. My sincere apologies. Another part of me wanted my time abroad to be unconstrained by any stereotypical, expat, tag along spouse activities. I thought I could transcend my everyday life and have an adventure. I thought I could find something better to do with my spare time than watch Coronation Street. Insert fantasy life here. However, since my spare time only occurs when the Little Man is napping my expectations of my new life in Dublin may have been a little high. Daily activities with a toddler (sans minivan) while adjusting to my new lowered expectations are exhausting so the fantasy will have to wait until I come out of my Canadian shell.
  
Speaking of shells...Here are some shots from breakfast today. For lunch we ate out in Castleknock. I won't name names but there are only about 4 restaurants here. Regrettably the pizza was bland, the children's pasta had no sauce and there was copious amounts of salt on everything but the french fries. I died a little. 






Dinner was a quick pasta. Sauteed onions, garlic, carrot, turnip and red bell pepper added to store bought *gasp* pasta sauce on penne. And I added a little honey to the sauce to complement the sweetness of the root veggies. Kid approved. Husband Approved. check, check.













By the way: this spellchecker doesn't recognise "blog" as a word and I spelled grammar as grammer. So far this project is going well.


No comments:

Post a Comment