Tuesday, 6 March 2012

The pros and cons of ordering groceries online

 I get wildly excited about our weekly food orders. This excitement probably stems from a combination of joy over new ingredients to play with and a desperate need to talk to someone who isn't my child or husband. This was the first time I had ordered from Tesco. I usually use Superquinn but I thought I'd try Tesco as they are rumoured to be inexpensive. The website is very convenient and offers to find you cheaper items when alternatives are available. For example: I wanted some lettuce for wraps and found a good deal on two heads of romaine (There was no butter lettuce listed. Sadness.) and it let me know there was a cheaper alternative. As it turns out you get what you pay for. The lettuce that arrived is about 1/4 of the size of a head of romaine. So I guess we will have mini lettuce wraps.























Another difference between Tesco and Superquinn is that the Tesco delivery guy literally brings the food right to your fridge door. And then goes over the whole list of groceries with you. This intrusiveness caught me off guard and subsequently I didn't notice that the second box of diapers they sent us are size 3. Inadequate coverage for the little man since he hasn't been in size 3 since he was about 3 months old. Little chubster. For lunch William and I tried Toddler Sushi (bananas wrapped in tortillas that have be spread with PB&J). I made some penne and cauliflower with cheese sauce too just in case the sushi was rejected. All was devoured in short order. I think the little man might be growing again. That or he's a wannabe foodie like his mum.






Dinner should be good once we try it. The chickens are still cooking away happily in their tiny roasting tray. There will be enough left over for the hubby to make sandwiches with so he won't have to suffer through the ones he usually makes (jam...yup, that's all). I'll let you know how it turns out!

http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/engagement-roast-chicken.html


No comments:

Post a Comment