Saturday, 17 March 2012

St. Patricks Day in Dublin

Even the lights were green today

The General Post Office, site of the Easter Rising




These statues have bullet holes in them from the 1916 Easter Rising


Up Connolly Street, towards the spire





The weather was really stormy today. While we were in town Castleknock had 1inch of hail







At the Irish Craft Beer festival. Lots of great beer....not much food. Advertised as free but they charged 10euro for each of us and we didn't get our souvenir glass. Jerks. 


The advertising made reference to "artisan food"...apparently in Dublin that means burgers, hot dogs and candy...

choices

The crowd having the craic

William's first beer garden

The music...I've got the "The Fields of Athenry" stuck in my head



http://www.visitdublin.com/event/irish_craft_beer_festival

Now, if I pull this ring the awning will collapse and I can steal all the candy! Brilliant!



No comments:

Post a Comment