Tuesday, 27 March 2012

I've been had!

I took Will to the Dublin Zoo today in Pheonix park. We visit the park so regularly that the family annual pass we bought has already paid for itself. When the joys of the zoo finally wore Will out and he decided to take a nap I thought I'd try walking home. Castleknock is at the other end of the largest enclosed park in Europe fyi (http://www.phoenixpark.ie/about/).  The walk home didn't take as long as I thought it would and the sun was lovely. However, walking around the zoo for a few hours and then walking home in the hot sun was pretty exhausting so we stopped at the spar on the way home to get some ice cream. I settled on Neapolitan since it's a real crowd pleaser (something for everyone) and the quickness of rest of the walk home was motivated by getting it (and my poor sunburned hide) out of the sun fast. Little did I know of the base treachery executed by the Hazelbrook Farm people. I opened the box only to discover that I'd been had! Every Canadian knows that Neapolitan ice cream a) comes in 5L tubs and b) consists of vanilla, strawberry and CHOCOLATE. Now I've gotten used to the size food is sold in but seriously who would ever, ever think that substituting lemon ice cream for chocolate would be acceptable? Especially when I turned down the tempting display of cadbury creme eggs thinking "Gee, I don't need that. There's chocolate in the ice cream". The nerve.

PS I'm going to buy an ice cream making machine this weekend...if I can find one. The hunt is on!


The lemon flavour reminded me of those little after dinner, pillow shaped, candies all the restaurants had in the '80s...blargh



No comments:

Post a Comment